Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Celebrity Collage

Today I uploaded my photo to MyHeritage.com face recognition site. The MyHeritage technology purports to determine which celebrities you look like or as I prefer, look like me (lucky people). You can create a collage showing your very own celebrity matches, and if you're not too smart (present blogger excepted), post it on your blog. So I figured, being Between Keyboard and Chair, to give it a whirl. And I must admit, for the most part, I was impressed with the accuracy of this software. Michael Caine, James Garner, Jeff Bridges, Liam Neeson, Elton John, Vytautas Landsbergis, Eduard Shevardnadze. They should be proud that we look alike.

But Donald Rumsfeld. Give me a break!!! How in Hell could I look like Donald Rumsfeld??? I like people. I've never wanted to declare war on anyone. I'm all for negotiation, not confrontation. There's obviously a serious bug in this program. So I ask the programmers at MyHeritage.com to correct this obvious error. Before someone thinks I might be related to Donald Rumsfeld just because some erroneous algorithm calculates that I look like him. What an embarrassing situation.

Anyway, that's how I see it from Between Keyboard and Chair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don, I must say I completely agree with you...particularly as a woman who was paired with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Gerhardt Shroder. The people at MyHeritage really ought to do some tweeking! :)
Cheers,
Keli